Today internet based bookkeeping and accounting systems are being built to send data to each other, fast making data entry and double handling obsolete.
If your business’ bookkeeping or accounting processes involve significant human data entry, there is likely to be an affordable, automated alternative that will deliver efficiencies and cut out a lot of costly heavy lifting. Cloud based software services can now easily communicate with each other using common protocols such as API (application programming interface) to let other services send and receive information automatically.
Examples of where bookkeeping accounting systems can automatically receive data from other sources include:
• Suppliers sending invoices directly into a customer’s accounts payable system
• Time tracking systems feeding into invoicing
• Time and attendance packages for staff payroll
• Point of sale systems sending sales, inventory and cost of goods information
• Customer relationship management systems providing a single view of the customer
• Document and content management systems allowing invoice images to be viewed anywhere
• Employee portals where staff can enter leave requests or view their entitlements.
Most of these solutions are readily available and cost effective. The biggest barriers for our clients is knowing where to start and taking the leap of faith to change their approach.
Slate can design you a secure and trusted solution to remove data entry from your bookkeeping processes. You may have nothing to lose but hours of data entry time.